Friday, July 31, 2026

I can afford that now ...

 

I can afford that now.

God has showered blessings at my feet and I am humbled.

Worries that I had 10 years ago are gone.

But now new worries have replaced them.

To have and to have not are the same. Each requires trust in God to guide the use of blessings, whether many or few.

But then, it’s all the same to God. When money ran out, God was there blessing with a truck load of things I would have never thought of:

Someone bringing a meal to our house

Someone giving us gently used clothing

Shoes not wearing out

Coats we forgot we had

Appliances lasting years longer than the manufacturer intended

Used vehicles appearing as if out of no where

A gentle slowing down of need, imperceptible in the present but obvious in the past

And, the best blessing of all, the distinction between want and need revealed

 

God, thank You for Your supernatural blessings every single day of our lives. Show us how to slow down and see them. Remind us to praise You in the seeing.

 

You can’t afford not to read more writerly thoughts at FMF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can afford that now ...

  I can afford that now. God has showered blessings at my feet and I am humbled. Worries that I had 10 years ago are gone. But now new...