Books and other things

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Buck


 










A glimpse of movement in the silent trees. 

A buck materializes in front of me.

I freeze. 

He considers me. 

I’m reluctant to move. 

He is so beautiful, power filled grace, muscles tense.

He stomps, intimidating, warning. 

Adrenalin hits my chest.

I stand my ground, mesmerized, hyper-focused.

Bird song muffled. Trees blurred.

Statuesque, majestic, owning the velvet path beneath him. I am in his woods. He allows me to exist, my walking staff a weak defense.

He huffs, sudden, loud. 

Fear reverberates in my chest. 

He turns and evaporates, leaving only his tracks.

Vibrations suspends me in a sacred moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Someday

  Someday this office will be organized instead of a room dedicated to stashing stuff that has no other home. Someday I will paint the bed...