Books and other things

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

In the Company of Gentlemen



The wind calls you, but you won’t listen.

Dogwood petals brush across the street like wisps of snow, but you won’t remember.

Block it out. Stash the notes where no one will find them, not even you. Forget it ever happened. Close up your heart again.

The wind is calling. Its strength pulls memories from your mind and blows them away.

I won’t forget. But reminding you is fruitless.

I am a child to you, a fickle female to laugh at when you are in the company of gentlemen.

Because of your heartlessness I will remind you until the day I die. I will admit my feelings to no one but myself.

This is my revenge.

This is my curse.

This is my obsession.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Someday

  Someday this office will be organized instead of a room dedicated to stashing stuff that has no other home. Someday I will paint the bed...