Books and other things

Friday, February 23, 2024

Respite

jplenio-pixabay

 

The Respite is powerful.

A respite from work, vacation, Sunday drive, comfortable chair in the house or in the yard.

A respite from the world via novel, walk, movie, bird watching, or dark closet.

At work a respite in the break room with an energy bar can bring a little life back into the legs.

At home a respite with coffee and snack can renew energy to tackle that huge project.

The more Powerful Respite is God. He creates a space for me every day, at my desk, at my chair, out by my oak tree, in my truck, in the park, in the garden. A place where I can be alone with Jesus, read His Word, listen to His Voice, and be renewed.

“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.” – Romans 12:2 NASB1995


_RHTM_


find more posts to read at FMF

10 comments:

  1. Sit ye down and take a rest
    in the shadow of thy truck,
    and you might just find the best
    MRE...on that, good luck!
    The sky above's a furnace-blue,
    and the vultures circle there,
    thinking that just maybe you
    may be on their bill of fare,
    but sorry, birds, it's not today,
    for I have a broader plan,
    and soon will been my way
    to measure 'gainst a crueler man
    and from the outcome of this meeting
    you may find some better eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. We have a resident buzzard (I call him Floyd) that visits during the summer to clean up the things that passed away ... due to escaped neighborhood dogs or random foxes ... or my 22. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. God gave us the gift of thought and free will to think to become like Him, if we so choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your ways of taking a little respite during your day.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great ideas for respite during the day. I appreciate your words today.
    Visiting today from FMF #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I'm so glad I stopped in. Your post was a brief respite in my day. Thank you. FMF11

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post and thoughts. FMF friend, Mitzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Out by my oak tree' how wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Almost

home Most of my life has been spent in the Almost.  It's Almost vacation. We're Almost there. It's Almost time to go. Almost is ...