Books and other things

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Sunshine

 

animalinst-pixabay

Sunshine

I lived in sunshine.

The sun beating down on my head,

Burning out all my infirmities,

Heating up my immune system,

Teaching me to drink water,

Loving me with an intense embrace

We were advised to stay out of the sun from 10 am until 2 pm

But few of us did

And many of us couldn’t

There were jobs and walking in the park and strolling to the store and pool parties and zoo visits and hiking the rocks and watering the plants and hanging the laundry

And living

The sunshine served as an intensifier for aromas and beauty when the rare rain fell as exploding color and deep rich mustiness filled the day of moisture

The sunshine taught me to pace myself

To be tough

To be resilient

To be prepared

To endure

But not all sunshine is created equal

 

 

_RHTM_



No comments:

Post a Comment

Some

  As the birds sing in the day, I think of some success. Some success in writing – I’ve done a ton, articles, books, stories, press rele...