Friday, June 12, 2026

Just a part

(truck piston)


the way I part my hair

the way I'm a part of the whole in this peaceful place of healing

the part where you tell me something and ask for my opinion and I give you my opinion and you accept it, but you don't necessarily agree, and that's okay

my part in the problem - to be recognized and fixed if possible

I am a part of the landscape, walking around with a grocery cart, choosing what I want to consume, what I am willing to pay for, what I will take responsibility for ...

I sit at my desk which is a central part of this room, which is a small portion of this house, which sits on the property we bought years ago, which is a portion of 175 acres of farmland, which is part of Morrow County, which is an unimportant, but still growing portion of the state of Ohio, which is a part of the United States of America, which is an uneasy brother of the countries of the world, which is a tiny rock in the universe God created years ago to move in harmony by the power of His Might.

And this is just a part of the vast amount of thoughts swirling in my brain.

Five Minute Friday - the place to be today!

Blessings!

10 comments:

  1. Greetings from William County, Ohio. It's great to see another Ohioan on here. Blessings to you and yours! Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one part of the country to another I am from MO. I am thankful that I am responsible for my part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! My brother just moved to MO! and experienced his first tornado warning! LOL - thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Since those here are sharing, I am from Massachusetts :) It is amazing to think how we all are a part of God's wonderful plan. He has placed us by design where we were to be. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a unique and beautiful way to approach the prompt.

    I was born in Ohio (Highland County). Before moving to Chicagoland I also lived in Warren, Clermont and and Hamilton counties.

    FMF #16

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Barb! I started my life in Chicagoland! A tiny piece of me is still there ... Thank you for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying your reflection on the prompt from my apartment in northern Virginia.

    ReplyDelete

A shift

As she spoke there was a shift in attention of the room. He had shifty eyes. I once worked graveyard shift. My daughter finally got fi...