Books and other things

Friday, August 12, 2022

Forget



Did you forget?

Yes, yes I did.

So here we are 30 minutes before bedtime clearing out the brain and thinking about forgetting. 

How ironic.

And, it's not on purpose, really. I read the prompt this morning, really, I did, and I thought about it for a while, then ... life

and I forgot

That's been happening to me a lot.

Thank goodness for lists

paper

on my phone

on a notebook in the kitchen

in my day timer on my desk

on the sticky note shoved in my purse

lost in the texts of the last few days

in full notebooks stashed away in a box to go through later

so 

many 

lists

and I still forget

but I remembered

and so I will remain positive about my aging brain.

Yes, I forget, just like children forget to put their clothes away and take out the garbage.

But I remembered.


Join the fun!

https://fiveminutefriday.com/2022/08/11/fmf-writing-prompt-link-up-forget/




6 comments:

  1. Our posts have a similar feel.

    Hmmm....I wonder of we are in the same age group.

    FMF #23

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not in a hurry
    to remember all life's stuff.
    What I forget, no need to worry
    'cause I figure God's enough
    to store all that is worth recall
    even though my brain might shatter;
    He'll go and retain it all,
    and the rest, it will not matter,
    and when my days on Earth are done
    and I meet Him with high-five,
    He'll put back forgotten fun
    I had when here, alive,
    and in the new life that I'm given,
    that's when memories start livin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your brain sounds like mine, Rachel!! My kids wonder why I forget things so much. There's just too much to remember so I write it on lists and forget where I put them. Thanks for sharing. Kath, your FMF neighbour at #4 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, and me too!
    Just stopped by from FMF #34

    ReplyDelete

Announcement

Announcing my newest book of prayer meditations, Before Tea, God . These short meditations might challenge you to view your faith life in a ...