Books and other things

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Time

 

3209107-pixabay

Time

I think we as humans are mistaken about time. I think time is in God’s hands. He can take it away. He can give us more. He can slow time or speed it up.

I think “using our time wisely” becomes an excuse for rushing through, competing with others, ignoring important things, pushing people away, becoming lost in a world of robotic success.

We are given time to live, but we don’t know how much we have, so we frantically use it to do what we think is important, or what we are told to do, or what society has influenced us to do.

By trying to control our time we fear it (time is running out) instead of appreciating it. By trying to use our time wisely we judge others by how they use theirs (well, that was a waste of time). By keeping track of time we exhaust ourselves and become drama queens of excellence (look at all the things I got done today).

God teaching us to number our days is not a divine permission to rush, make endless lists and schedules, create tension. The only way we can number our days is by God teaching us, by waking in the morning and asking God what is important to Him, by pausing to thank Him for each minute.

God, I give my time to You. Show me what I should to do in this minute. In Jesus Name (The Man who took His time).

 

_RHTM_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some

  As the birds sing in the day, I think of some success. Some success in writing – I’ve done a ton, articles, books, stories, press rele...