Books and other things

Saturday, March 2, 2024

Smile

 

pexels-pixabay

Smile

A smile is a powerful thing. Just using it as you speak to someone sparks a tiny flame of good feeling in that person.

Smiles reflect.

Smiles are contagious.

I am not a natural smiler. I am more of an inappropriate smiler.

I smile when I’m embarrassed. I smile when I’m sad. Sometimes I smile when I’m angry.

I don’t smile while I’m listening and talking to you because I don’t smile when I concentrate. As I listen, I focus hard on understanding what you are saying. As I speak, I focus on using the right words and I watch to see that you understand what I’m saying. I don’t smile when I concentrate.

In fact, as I’m typing this, there’s a scowl on my face.

I know these things, and I know some people are afraid of people who don’t smile.

So, I try to smile more.

Smiling helps my mood. There was that article about that study that I read that if you smile your brain sends messages to your body that you are smiling so it lifts your mood, so the actual act of smiling makes you smile.

Try it. It’s true.

Smile.

 

_RHTM_



No comments:

Post a Comment

Some

  As the birds sing in the day, I think of some success. Some success in writing – I’ve done a ton, articles, books, stories, press rele...