Books and other things

Friday, March 8, 2024

Yes?

 

geralt - Pixabay

Yes

“Yes” doesn’t always mean “yes.”

Sometimes it means, “Yes, I understand, but I don’t agree.”

Sometimes it means acknowledgement that you were heard.

Sometimes it means, “I’ll agree because I’m afraid of you.”

 

Yes is complicated.

I say “yes” too fast, trying to please, not thinking things through, hoping it will all turn out alright, then regret it later. Sometimes I do what I say I will do, pushing through, getting is done. Sometimes I apologize and say, truthfully, I said yes too quickly.

 

I like “yes.”

“Yes” means I get my way.

“Yes” means I’m forgiven.

“Yes” means I have something special to look forward to.

After life has beat me up a little, I know “yes” will always come slowly. If someone walks away before I get a chance to say “yes” then the thing wasn’t meant to be.

But I have found that I can wait a long time before deciding. It’s the people asking that are impatient, manipulative, arrogant.

So, since they won’t give me a chance to think before I say “yes,” then it’s a “no.”

Just “no.”

No.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Some

  As the birds sing in the day, I think of some success. Some success in writing – I’ve done a ton, articles, books, stories, press rele...