The Best Preserves

Nodrog1960 - pixabay

 

Food doesn’t last very long, so I try to preserve it. I have tried drying, freezing, canning and cultures. I’ve had good years and bad years. Recently, some of my cans have been expiring sooner than expected. Maybe it’s due to changes in temperature in the pantry, maybe it’s a mistake I made, maybe they’ve just reached the end of their goodness. It’s disheartening to have to throw out hard work, but, you know, better safe than sorry.

This year I decided it was best to freeze or refrigerate leftovers and skip the canning. I have also begun a tighter use cycle, and scheduling meals around a shorter expiration period. This has also led me to make smaller meals and check the freezers more often.

More work, less disappointments.

I’ve realized that no matter how hard I work at preserving food for the future, it will all eventually spoil.

Just like the earth I walk on.

I am thankful God doesn’t have the same problems. He doesn’t have to check batches to make sure they are still good. He doesn’t have to throw out mistakes. He isn’t disappointed in the results of His work.

Everything He has done is perfect. Everything He is doing is exquisite. Everything He will do will last forever.

He will preserve my soul for heaven. Praise God!

 

 

“Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.” – I Thessalonians 5:23-24


_RHTM_



Comments

  1. I am so grateful the Lord preserves us :) That truly is a most comforting thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He doesn’t have to throw out mistakes. He isn’t disappointed in the results of His work." I am grateful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is encouraging to remember that God's work of preservation is perfect and something we can rely on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts