Does this really matter?

NoName_13 - pixabay











What does it matter?

Does that really matter to you?

Mind over matter.

All mind and no matter.

Everything is made up of matter.

You matter.

Matter equals importance.

Writing matters.

Reading matters.

Having skills to adult matters.

Working matters.

Serving matters.

Giving matters.

Speaking truth matters.

Jesus matters.

Jesus matters the most. But all the other things also matter because it is these things that God uses to bring us to Jesus.

The man I married mattered because he knew Jesus so we could raise our children knowing Jesus and the way we raised our children mattered because they continued in following Jesus and are now raising their children to know Jesus and follow Him.

The people I have encouraged, and been a small part of bringing to faith in Jesus, came into contact with me because of the work I did, or my interests, or where I was, or who we knew in common, or something they needed me for, or a myriad of other possibilities that God uses to bring people together to enact His will.

When I used to do assessments for home educators (part of Ohio laws) I told them, “Everything matters. Everything counts.” If they went to the park, it became an opportunity to discover new bugs (science), take a walk (physical education), clean up (environmental science), or get hurt and fix the hurt (first aid/health). Education should be practical.

By viewing our life like everything matters, we walk carefully, watching those we meet, taking a breath before we decide, thinking before we speak (even if it means we don’t get to speak).

God uses our lives to work His will. That’s one of the amazing things about God.

Does it matter? Yes, it does.

 

_RHTM_

 

 

Comments

  1. I used to say 'It doesn't matter'
    whenever things went wrong,
    a bit of inane mindless chatter
    to help me get along,
    but then I noticed something odd,
    that even good things lost allure,
    and then I realized that God
    used this goad so I'd be sure
    to know that in this self-protection
    I had really greatly erred,
    and I must now alter direction
    and acknowledge that I cared
    about those things I'd set apart,
    even if it hurt my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure why I cannot get my name to appear. But I want to leave a comment anyway :) We went in similar directions but you made the great point that every part of life matters. May all that we do bring God glory and make Him known to those around us. Blessings, Joanne Viola

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts