… and I approve this message.
I regret to inform you; the board did not approve your
application for director.
You have been approved for $10,000 credit line …
Do I have your approval?
They approved your budget request.
The teacher did not approve of me.
-
“They have set up kings, but not by Me; They have appointed
princes, but I did not know it. With their silver and gold they have made idols
for themselves, That they might be cut off.” – Hosea 8:4
“To defraud a man in his lawsuit – Of these things the Lord
does not approve.” – Lamentations 3:36
“But just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted
with the gospel, so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who examines our
hearts.” – 1 Thessalonians 2:4
-
In all the approvals I have sought in my life – and there
are many – the approval of God is the only one that matters anymore.
Jesus, thank you for Your sacrifice so that I may be
approved by God. Holy Spirit, show me where I need to change and grow. God, I
want You to approve of me. Amen.
-
This was a difficult prompt for me to write on. Perhaps it
is because I have spent years and years working to gain the approval of parents,
teachers, bosses, friends, coworkers, and all those people who have some bit of
control over my life.

Yes, approve can be a horrible word. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete💖
DeleteI agree, it's very tempting to look for approval in all sorts of places. It is important to remind ourselves that it is God's approval that really matters.
ReplyDelete👌
DeleteCreative way to look at the word Approve. Enjoyed it very much!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Delete