Friday, September 11, 2026

Approve - FMF

 


… and I approve this message.

I regret to inform you; the board did not approve your application for director.

You have been approved for $10,000 credit line …

Do I have your approval?

They approved your budget request.

The teacher did not approve of me.

-

“They have set up kings, but not by Me; They have appointed princes, but I did not know it. With their silver and gold they have made idols for themselves, That they might be cut off.” – Hosea 8:4

“To defraud a man in his lawsuit – Of these things the Lord does not approve.” – Lamentations 3:36

“But just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who examines our hearts.” – 1 Thessalonians 2:4

-

In all the approvals I have sought in my life – and there are many – the approval of God is the only one that matters anymore.

 

Jesus, thank you for Your sacrifice so that I may be approved by God. Holy Spirit, show me where I need to change and grow. God, I want You to approve of me. Amen.

-

This was a difficult prompt for me to write on. Perhaps it is because I have spent years and years working to gain the approval of parents, teachers, bosses, friends, coworkers, and all those people who have some bit of control over my life.

Here are some more thoughts on APPROVE.



_RHTM_

12 comments:

  1. Yes, approve can be a horrible word. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it's very tempting to look for approval in all sorts of places. It is important to remind ourselves that it is God's approval that really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative way to look at the word Approve. Enjoyed it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too sought many approvals, but now, as you, the approval of God is the only one that matters to me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I was just thinking of how excited I would get everytime I was approved for s loan ... and how when payment dates rolled around, it didn't seem as exciting!

    But like you, I really only care now if God approves of me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is it we spend so much of our lives wanting others to approve of us, to the point that we lose ourselves in the process? Thanks for your thoughts here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know!! I can't count how many times I have reinvented myself to fit in a certain society or to create something I think I could do better than everyone else. So much competition. I'm out of the competing thing now. I'm so much more at peace.

    ReplyDelete

Moving a few things ...

  I'm trying out Substack for a bit and also trying some new blogging ideas. I'll be here RachelOnSubstack if you need me. 😊