Books and other things

Friday, August 19, 2022

View



I love a view

I love different views of different things

Sometimes you need a different view to understand

- what's wrong

- where the thing is that someone else is viewing

- get the full effect

- why someone does what they do

I love a room with a view

I love the view from my kitchen window, sometimes blocked by elderberry bushes, but always seeing deer, birds, rabbits and the occasional fox, raccoon, coyote, neighbor looking for their dog

I love the view God gives me about life. His view it the only true view and my poor human, sinful brain cannot comprehend most of how God wants me to view His world and His plan, but that's what practicing faith is all about.

To view people as God views them

To view my life and purpose as God views them

To view myself as God sees me

To view my situation, trouble, issues, circumstances, relationships, as God views them.

That's the view I want


Come join us for Five Minute Friday!

FMF Writing Prompt Link-up :: View - Five Minute Friday










9 comments:

  1. I want to have God's holy view,
    see the things that He doth see,
    but if it's all the same to you,
    I will pass on His view of me
    'cause I am really good at sin
    (not a thing on which to brag!),
    and I almost always win
    in this game of one-man tag.
    So I think I'll leave that out
    of my newfound omniscience,
    rather than let in the doubt
    that I might not be that which I
    presented to an empty sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your post. And would so enjoy a kitchen sink with a view! And elderberry bushes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That kitchen window view sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely view from your kitchen window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your thoughts on what it means to be practicing faith - to see all as God sees it
    Just stopped by from FMF #29

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessed view to have! I say AMEN also to your prayer - oh to see folk and situations as God does. I'm sure I male a fuss about all the wrong things! Thank you, Rachel #27

    ReplyDelete

Almost

home Most of my life has been spent in the Almost.  It's Almost vacation. We're Almost there. It's Almost time to go. Almost is ...