Books and other things

Friday, April 12, 2024

Limit

 

stormplacess-pixabay

Is there no limit to what the enemy can throw at me?

There is a limit to what I can do.

But there is no limit to what God can do.

“Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’” – Matthew 19:26

 

So I ask God to help me, but I’m not letting Him because I’m pacing around trying to figure out what fire to put out first.

I have so much stress built up in side my mind is not working – not even when I write things down – not even when I talk things out.

And my stress tightens my shoulders and my neck and I get a headache and I try to do something, anything, and I feel exhausted and I lie down to rest from doing nothing but worrying.

I try to relax. I pray. I breathe. I pray. I give everything to God again. I pray.

I fall asleep.

“He says, ‘Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.’” – Psalms 46:10

 

I awake with one small job in my head. I thank God for His guidance and I do that one thing. Then the stress of my limitations, my possible future humiliation and shame, the mistakes from my past and my lack of self-discipline… and the cycle repeats.

I fall asleep.

I awake and the next job is in my mind, and I thank God, and I do the thing.

I feel relief.

And I breathe and realize that I am in the cycle.

So when the worry enters my mind I stop, I breathe, I pray, I find a place to sit, and I ask God for the next job.

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9

 

_RHTM_

Join us and celebrate Five Minute Fridays!

9 comments:

  1. The race does not go to the fast,
    nor the cage-fight to the strong.
    The one who's really gonna last
    is who chooses to go 'long
    with the Good Lord in His graces,
    Heaven always on the mind,
    keeping just a couple paces
    back of Him, not far behind,
    'cause God can take the sucker-punch
    that the devil always throws,
    then clean his clock and eat his lunch,
    and thus most everybody knows
    the one thing that is always true:
    crossing God is dumb to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Your poem made me laugh. Love seeing God fight for me! Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Rachel, you beautifully aligned Matthew 19:26 and Psalm 46:10. Seriously. Together they are a most powerful thought. Only as we still ourselves before God will we remember that all things are possible with God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate the comment. So encouraging. Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Oh many, I can so relate to this post. We can do all things through Christ that strengthens us! Hang in there and know you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's all you can do eh? Do the next thing in front of you that God asks and set the fretting aside and trust him to handle it. Good choices always eh? FMF11

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Thank you for this powerfully relatable confession. One thing at a time and a prayer to just do the next right thing. Trust Him with the rest for today.
    Powerful image too - what is it?

    ReplyDelete

Almost

home Most of my life has been spent in the Almost.  It's Almost vacation. We're Almost there. It's Almost time to go. Almost is ...