Books and other things

Friday, February 16, 2024

Spoil

stevepb-pixabay

 

Spoil

Don’t let it spoil

You’ll spoil her

Get rid of the food in the back frig, it’s spoiling

Well, he’s spoiled for choice

Oh, now, you spoiled it

-

Life spoils.

God does not.

I make things that go bad, or fall apart, or rust, or break, or become forgotten, end up unloved, trashed.

God created the world without any spoilage. Everything worked as it should, perfectly living, breathing, eating, moving, being upheld by the Perfect Creator.

We messed it up. God redeemed it.

-

Thank You, Father, for this world, for my life, for the things that make me happy, the things that challenge me, the things that grow my faith. Help me care for everyone and everything You have given me. I look forward to the perfect world You have promised to those who love You. Even so, Jesus, come quickly!

-

“… and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you,” – 1 Peter 1:4


More at FMF ...

6 comments:

  1. I agree, I am so grateful that God has redeemed what we have spoiled, and I love that verse from 1 Peter. I referred to it in my post too. (Visiting from FMF #12)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An elephant sits on my chest
    in the middle of each night,
    but I say it's for the best
    'cause I am spoiling for a fight,
    and I though know this won't end well
    for me (I know I am outgunned),
    but here I stand, and what the hell,
    I will count it joy...and fun.
    Maybe God doth shake His head,
    and maybe He doth face-palm too,
    but fighting is my daily bread,
    and I won't quit 'till life is through,
    and after that I hope God loves
    angels wearing boxing gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're absolutely right! God spoils nothing (though I used to think He spoiled my fun)! Blessings #25

    ReplyDelete

Almost

home Most of my life has been spent in the Almost.  It's Almost vacation. We're Almost there. It's Almost time to go. Almost is ...