Books and other things

Friday, April 26, 2024

Almost

home


Most of my life has been spent in the Almost. 

It's Almost vacation.

We're Almost there.

It's Almost time to go.

Almost is a hopeful word. It means the waiting is just about over.

But there is still work to do because Almost is an intense space of time between Now and Then.

~

Almost time for the books to arrive.

Then I can take them around to my libraries and pass them out to my friends and send them off to relatives and bring them in to the store that sells them for me.








~

The onions and potatoes are in the ground awaiting the hot sun to urge them to work.

Almost time for planting tomatoes and peppers.




dogwood








It's Almost time to get supper on ... I have to go ...




8 comments:

  1. I hope your book does well! I have my onions and potatoes in the garden as well... now to be patient..... FMF5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardens are tough! Thanks for sharing! FMF #7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! (Yeah, I bit into the lie that all you have to do is put seeds in and a harvest comes. easy peasy)

      Delete
  3. You've shared a great picture of the balance of patience and anticipation this word brings to mind. Visiting from FMF#9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your upbeat take on this week's prompt.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Some

  As the birds sing in the day, I think of some success. Some success in writing – I’ve done a ton, articles, books, stories, press rele...