Books and other things

Friday, May 3, 2024

Some

 



As the birds sing in the day, I think of some success.

Some success in writing – I’ve done a ton, articles, books, stories, press releases, reports, legal documents, poems, lists, a couple contests …

I think of some health gains, getting back into shape, eating healthier, feeling better …

I remember some exciting moments, my wedding, my graduations, my performances, a few memorable trips, my celebrations, a few accidents, a few stays in the hospital, a couple of health scares, an automotive break-down or two …

I think of some honors I have been given, speaking at the local gathering for the National Day of Prayer, receiving a few awards, a book signing, speaking, teaching others …

And prayers answered … some of my prayers have been answered. It feels like lots of my prayers have been answered, but compared to the multitude of prayers I have prayed it could be considered some.

And some is good

Because some is not nothing

 

 

_RHTM_


Five Minute Friday is a group of writers who take a word (some) and write about it for five minutes. It keeps you in the writing habit and offers encouragement that only a fellow writer can give. 



10 comments:

  1. Can't say my life has been success,
    for most of what I've tried went wrong,
    but in the end there's no duress
    to have me sing a happy song
    'cause being joyful is a choice
    that people do not often make,
    preferring, rather, to raise voice
    'gainst every other bloke's mistake,
    and even with ten million quid
    in a Bahamas bank account,
    they dwell on what some others did
    to maybe lower that amount,
    and gnash their teeth down to the gum
    instead of drinking in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Here's to drinking in the sun! It's free! LOL

      Delete
  2. Amen! I am so grateful some of my prayers have been answered. But I am also more grateful for some of my prayers which were not answered! Oh the wisdom, grace, and mercy of our God in both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! All of the prayers that were not answered were a huge blessing! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Yes, it can be easy to focus on the things we haven't achieved or the prayers that haven't been answered. It makes a big difference when we focus on the positive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice memories! It is good to remember the positive moments in life and reflect on prayer. I was talking with my grandson (2+ years old) about prayer and how we can talk with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful! My grandmother talked to me about praying to Jesus - she was a wonderful, crazy, country woman. :o)

      Delete
  5. that's a good thing to remember "some is not nothing". It's a good thing! FMF14

    ReplyDelete

Someday

  Someday this office will be organized instead of a room dedicated to stashing stuff that has no other home. Someday I will paint the bed...